We are thrilled to have our Iron Maiden House shortlisted in the 2018 Houses Awards. Iron Maiden House was designed for a family of five who wanted a home which celebrated Sydney’s amazing climate. The design delivers generous living and entertaining areas which flow to outdoor areas at ground level, while an elevated external corridor connects the children’s bedrooms which have outlook onto green spaces.
The Houses Awards is a celebration of contemporary Australian residential architecture and showcases the work of many talented architects nationally. There are a variety of categories which offer insight into emerging practices, innovative landscape design and homes with a strong focus on sustainability for example.
Last year our Living Screen House was shortlisted in the same category of ‘New House Over 200m2
Some of our personal highlights in this year’s shortlist include:
- Three Piece House by Trias, with its beautiful and sensitive design that enhances the street, standing out without standing apart from it
- Kill Bill by Austin Maynard Architects, which has pushed expectations and transformed a terrace house into a unique and playful home
- Tiger Prawn by Wowowa Architecture, which not only boasts a distinctive form but also superb interior spaces with many discrete pockets to relax in
- Terrarium House by John Ellway, which envelopes the home in lush greenery, creating an oasis flooded with light
- Nightingale 1 by Breathe Architecture, which serves as a remarkable example of medium density living that promotes community through its beautiful design without any unnecessary embellishments
- The Old Waratah Road House by Michael Chang and Bridget Crowe, which exquisitely weaves exterior greenery in and around the home, while exposing the natural textures of a simple, raw material palette
We look forward to the winners being announced on July 27! You can catch the full shortlist here.